Famous Producer and actor Pundareekakshayya passed away today morning in Chennai, where he has been undergoing treatment for a while now. He was born on August 19th in 1925 in Gudivada. Pundareekashayya was instrumental in the founding of National Arts Theater along with NTR and Trivikrama Rao. He produced films like ‘Mahamanthri Timmarasu’, ‘Aradhana’ and ‘Raghavayya gari Abbayi’.
Younger generations will identify him as Muddhu Krishna, the iconic villain in Vijaya Shanthi’s landmark film ‘Karthavyam’. Pundareekakshayya acted in several other films but his role in ‘Karthavyam’ is often cited as his best.
123telugu.com is saddened by his demise and expresses its condolences to the family of Shri Pundareekakshayya
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu
- Bharath Ane Nenu actress joins Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake