The grand film carnival IIFA Utsavam came to a glittering end last night in Hyderabad. Young Tiger NTR walked away with the Best Actor trophy for his performance in Janatha Garage, while Samantha snatched the Best Actress honor for A..Aa.
While receiving the award from Nagarjuna, NTR requested all the nominees for the Best Actor category to share the award, saying, “This is a collective effort of Telugu film industry”.
The awards ceremony was clearly dominated by Janatha Garage, which also won the Best Film (Mythri Movie Makers), Best Director (Koratala Siva), Best Music Director (DSP), Best Lyricist (Ramajogayya Sastry) and Best Playback Singer Female (Geetha Madhuri) awards.
Allu Arjun was honored with the Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his terrific portrayal of Gonagannareddy in Gunasekhar’s Rudhramadevi.
Articles that might interest you:
- AP, TG governments must support upcoming movies: Balakrishna
- Suresh Babu opens up on ticket rates and theatres business decline
- No actor can match Balayya sir’s dialogue delivery: Allu Arjun
- Bollywood’s biggest stars to do a multi-starrer?
- Balayya Babu is an atom bomb: Rajamouli
- All set for arrival of Bheemla Nayak’s trailer