Bengali actress Payal Ghosh had made her Tollywood debut with Manchu Manoj’s Prayanam in 2009. She later played a key role in NTR and Tamannaah’s 2011 action drama, Oosaravelli. Mr. Rascal in 2011 was Payal’s last Telugu film, before she headed to Bollywood.
In a latest interview, Payal looked back at her career in Tollywood and expressed a deep regret for not concentrating enough on acting in more Telugu movies. “People used to tell me not to do South Indian films and spoil my career. Now I feel why I didn’t concentrate so much in south Indian films as much as I concentrated in Bollywood,” Payal said.
However, the Kolkata girl has not given up and is determined to make her presence felt in South once again. “I will make sure whatever film I get here, I will make my work speak for myself,” she said, further adding that even Bollywood production houses are now collaborating with South filmmakers and production houses of late.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : KKR VS MI- Who will win today’s IPL Match?
- Koratala etches special plan to safeguard Chiru in Acharya shoot
- Bigg Boss 4 – Telugu actress to be the wild card entry
- Poll : NTR or Prabhas. Whom should Prashanth Neel of KGF fame direct first?
- Top music composer for award-winning director’s son’s debut film
- Interesting details about Mani Ratnam’s OTT debut ‘Navarasa’