Popular actor-filmmaker R Narayanamurthy has been arrested in Hyderabad following his protest against the union government’s controversial farm laws. The firebrand actor participated in the Chalo Rajbhavan protest march organized by Telangana farmers against the ruling BJP government’s alleged anti-farmers laws.
R Narayanamurthy directed and produced several movies based on farmers issues in the past. Interacting with the media after his arrest, he stated that the central government’s new farm laws are similar to the laws implemented by the Bihar government in 2006 that turned farmers into daily wage labourers. Foreseeing a similar fate, R Narayanamurthy demanded the BJP government to repeal its new farm laws at the earliest.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anandhi looks simply beautiful as ‘Sodaala Sridevi’ in SSC’s first look
- Ace Bollywood DP’s tweet on Pawan Kalyan raises expectations
- Sankranthi 2022 getting heated up
- It’s official: Here’s Radhe Shyam’s release date
- Rashmika in talks for Tamil star’s Tollywood debut film?
- Aadi, Payal Rajput’s Kirataka to go on floors on this date