Legendary Tamil filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s ambitious historical drama, Ponniyin Selvan 1, turned 1 today. Released on September 30, 2022, PS 1 ended up as a massive blockbuster at the box office by collecting nearly Rs 500 crore gross worldwide.
On the occasion of PS 1’s first anniversary, actress Aishwarya Lekshmi, who played the role of the boat girl Poonguzhali, took to Instagram and shared a throwback picture and captioned it as “The Mani Sir squad.” The picture has all the lead actors of PS1, including Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Trisha, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Aishwarya Lekshmi and Shobita Dhulipala, looking classy in designer wear.
Ponniyin Selvan 1’s sequel, Ponniyin Selvan 2, released on April 28, and went on to collect nearly Rs 350 crore gross worldwide. The film had an epic soundtrack composed by the Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman.
Articles that might interest you:
- Photo Moment: Nani’s latest pic with Dhruv Vikram leaves fans guessing
- Photo Moment: Ram Charan and Upasana set couple goals as they support Team India
- Photo Moment: Venkatesh’s fanboy selfie with cricket legend Viv Richards at the Ind vs NZ semi-final
- Photo Moment: Newlyweds Varun Tej, Lavanya Tripathi celebrate their 1st Diwali with family
- Photo Moment: Mega Brothers in a happy space
- Photo Moment: Glimpses of Amala Paul’s dreamy engagement