Nandamuri Balakrishna’s landmark 100th movie, Gautamiputra Satakarni, is all set for a grand release tomorrow. The movie was recently given entertainment tax exemption by governments of both the Telugu states.
But, a lawyer moved the High Court in Hyderabad filing a PIL against the AP government giving tax exemption to Gautamiputra Satakarni. The petitioner argued that the AP CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu gave tax exemption to GPSK only because Balakrishna is his brother-in-law.
However, the High Court has directed the petitioner to approach the Regular Bench in view of Sankranthi holidays for the court. The court, however, added that the producers can be slapped with penalty if they violate the regulations prescribed by the AP government while granting tax exemption.
Articles that might interest you:
- Will NTR respond to Surender Reddy’s statements?
- IT raids on the noted production house
- Ahead of Frozen 2’s release, Mahesh’s adorable tweet on Sitara
- Slight change in Darbar’s release plans?
- Star heroine turns vegetarian again to play a goddess
- Irish actress’ negative role in RRR?