Director Puri Jagannadh is all set to kick-start the shoot for his ambitious sports drama, Fighter. The film has Vijay Deverakonda playing a boxer and it will be made as a pan-India film, with hotshot Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar presenting the Hindi version.
Puri has been trying hard to rope in Sridevi’s elder daughter Janhvi Kapoor to play the leading lady opposite Vijay by offering a huge paycheck. However, there have been a few reports of late that Janhvi has declined Puri’s offer due to unavailability of dates. But if the latest buzz is anything to go by, Puri is still in talks with Janhvi and is trying hard to convince her to act in Fighter. Whether Janhvi will give her nod will be known in a few days.
Fighter’s regular shoot will commence from the 13th of this month. Charmme is co-producing the film and Ramya Krishna plays Vijay’s mother in it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Latest update on Pooja Hegde’s role in Acharya
- Update – Pushpa’s big release date is here
- Official: Team Salaar welcomes Shruti Haasan on board
- Prabhas’ extra care for Radhe Shyam’s teaser
- Varun Tej’s boxing drama Ghani seals its release date
- A special update from Team Pushpa today