Exactly a week ago, the Telangana government had issued a GO, allowing theaters to increase the rates of movie tickets. The GO was in connection with the GST that will come into effect from midnight today.
But in a minor relief to movie lovers, producers and distributors, the Telangana government today withdrew the GO temporarily. The latest decision was reportedly taken considering the unanimous backlash from all quarters against the price hike.
The GO file is under scrutiny by the CM KCR and he will take a final call after consulting various experts.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Sethupathi’s key role in the most awaited Amazon series?
- Rakul Preet has an unfulfilled wish in Bollywood
- Radhe Shyam’s Hindi producers differ with UV Creations on this aspect?
- Ram-Laxman masters hype up Sarkaru Vaari Paata’s action episodes
- Karthikeya’s next titled after Chiranjeevi’s yesteryear film
- Photo Moment: Chiru and Charan look dapper in Father’s Day picture