Exactly a week ago, the Telangana government had issued a GO, allowing theaters to increase the rates of movie tickets. The GO was in connection with the GST that will come into effect from midnight today.
But in a minor relief to movie lovers, producers and distributors, the Telangana government today withdrew the GO temporarily. The latest decision was reportedly taken considering the unanimous backlash from all quarters against the price hike.
The GO file is under scrutiny by the CM KCR and he will take a final call after consulting various experts.
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Highlights from Bheeshma
- Bollywood starlet in talks for Mega hero’s film?
- Prabhas’s clear cut instructions to his director
- Vijay Devarakonda’s tough times continue-Karan Johar takes a key decision?
- Juicy info about Allu Arjun’s role in Sukumar’s next
- Rajamouli makes special plans for RRR promotions