Exactly a week ago, the Telangana government had issued a GO, allowing theaters to increase the rates of movie tickets. The GO was in connection with the GST that will come into effect from midnight today.
But in a minor relief to movie lovers, producers and distributors, the Telangana government today withdrew the GO temporarily. The latest decision was reportedly taken considering the unanimous backlash from all quarters against the price hike.
The GO file is under scrutiny by the CM KCR and he will take a final call after consulting various experts.
- Former star heroine keen on Tollywood comeback
- Maharshi’s latest schedules details
- RRR to be released in multiple languages
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic