Ever since the trailer of Amitabh Bachchan starrer Sarkar 3 was unveiled, people began to draw comparisons between the film and the lives of Raj Thackeray and Uddhav Thackeray; however, RGV has denied these rumours.
In an interview to a leading newspaper, RGV said, “In any organisation, there are bound to be egos if it involves family members. How outsiders take advantage of a rift within the group is the gist of the narrative.”
Previously, it was widely rumoured that the character of Amitabh Bachchan was largely inspired from the life of Bal Thackeray, but RGV opines that he was just a reference point. “There’s a difference between being inspired by and being based on. Imagine a powerful man who, without being an authorised body, runs a parallel government purely on his charisma and the faith he instils in people. If Balasaheb Thackeray can exist, so can Sarkar. He was just a reference point,” RGV added.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sadak 2 trailer launch postponed after Sanjay Dutt’s cancer diagnosis
- Vijay’s tweet for Mahesh Babu goes viral
- Bollywood actor in Balayya’s next?
- Seed Vinayaka: MP Santosh Kumar’s new initiative with Tollywood
- Naga Shaurya’s next to go on floors shortly
- Parineeti Chopra gearing up for an OTT debut