There is a severe dearth of Telugu films at the Box Office right now. The two films that hit the screens yesterday, ‘Anna’ and ‘Pusthakam lo konni Pagelu Missing’, have received a very lukewarm response. In fact, these two films managed to drive more crowds towards previous releases like ‘Sahasam’, ‘Romance’ etc. Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ is witnessing terrific revenues in many areas across Andhra Pradesh.
In the Nellore area, distributors have been stumped with the sudden gain in revenues for Surya’s ‘Singham’! “People are desperately waiting for some good movies. There is a severe dearth. How else can you expect sudden gains in revenue for three week and four week old films. This is nothing but spillover effect”, said a well known distributor from East Godavari area.
Power Star Pawan Kalyan’s ‘Atharintiki Dharedhi’ and Mega Power Star Ram Charan’s ‘Yevadu’ have been postponed due to the political uncertainty in the state. Let us hope things settle down soon.
- Poll : Which part of NTR biopic did you like the most?
- Anupama Parameswaran signs much-awaited remake
- Payal Rajput takes different avatar for next
- I’ll never work with Priya Prakash: Lover’s Day actress stirs up controversy
- Review : NTR Maha Nayakudu- Politically Driven Drama