There is a severe dearth of Telugu films at the Box Office right now. The two films that hit the screens yesterday, ‘Anna’ and ‘Pusthakam lo konni Pagelu Missing’, have received a very lukewarm response. In fact, these two films managed to drive more crowds towards previous releases like ‘Sahasam’, ‘Romance’ etc. Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ is witnessing terrific revenues in many areas across Andhra Pradesh.
In the Nellore area, distributors have been stumped with the sudden gain in revenues for Surya’s ‘Singham’! “People are desperately waiting for some good movies. There is a severe dearth. How else can you expect sudden gains in revenue for three week and four week old films. This is nothing but spillover effect”, said a well known distributor from East Godavari area.
Power Star Pawan Kalyan’s ‘Atharintiki Dharedhi’ and Mega Power Star Ram Charan’s ‘Yevadu’ have been postponed due to the political uncertainty in the state. Let us hope things settle down soon.
- Never seen an innovative actor like my dad: Nara Brahmani on Balakrishna
- Agree to disagree: Kamal’s idea of Democracy
- ‘Wedding Invitation’ for Sumanth-Niharika’s Happy Wedding soon
- ‘Ninnu Road Meeda Chusinadi Lagayathu’ to be shot soon
- Sammohanam crosses $300K in US