The Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdowns that followed had destroyed the film exhibition sector. Hundreds of single screens across the country were shut down permanently. But, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s highly-anticipated action drama, Pathaan, has now become a ray of hope for some exhibitors, thanks to the phenomenal advance bookings all over the country.
As many as 25 single screens in North India, mostly in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, are all set to reopen today with Pathaan. Shah Rukh took to Twitter last night and posted a touching tweet. He said that he had watched all the movies in single screens in his childhood and that the excitement in watching a movie in a single screen has is quite high. “I pray that you (single screens) and I will find success. Congratulations on your re-openings,” tweeted the King Khan.
Bachpan mein saari filmein single screens par hi dekhi hain. Uska apna hi maza hai. Duas, Prathna aur Prayers karta hoon…aap sabko aur mujhe kaamyaabi mile. Congratulations on your re-openings. pic.twitter.com/LuF2TsCjvh
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) January 24, 2023
Articles that might interest you:
- Jr NTR carrying career best looks, fans super happy
- Jr. NTR – Kalyan Ram did more experimental films in our entire Nandamuri family
- Jr. NTR requests fans not to pester and pressurize filmmakers
- Kalyan Ram – Amigos will not disappoint you
- Kantara: Rishab Shetty reaffirms this crucial aspect
- Another prominent actor joins the cast of Rajini’s Jailer