Ever since Bollywood star Sonu Sood began his relief work to help out lakhs of Indians impacted due to the Coronavirus pandemic last year, there have been several speculations and even criticism that the actor had turned good samaritan with a secret motive to enter mainstream politics.
In a latest interview, Sonu gave the much-needed clarity on his political aspirations. He clarified that even though he respects politics, he is not in the right frame of mind to step into active politics now. “There is a lot that I want to achieve as an actor. Besides, I have been already doing all the good work I may do when I become a politician. The day my heart tells me strongly, that day I’ll announce my political entry,” said Sonu.
Sonu said that he and his team have helped nearly 10 lakh people during the pandemic since last year. “There is no greater happiness in stepping out and helping people than giving speeches sitting in AC rooms,” said Sonu. He also added that politicians face several hurdles while carrying out any relief work, but he, as a common man, has been freely carrying out the relief work without any rules and guidelines.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh Babu’s stylish look goes viral
- Famous Hollywood director reviews RRR – Fans are on cloud nine
- Nachav Abbai from Kiran Abbavaram’s NMBK is an enjoyable mass number
- Latest US collections of Sita Ramam are here
- OTT release date locked for Arun Vijay’s Yaanai
- Hrithik Roshan calls Laal Singh Chaddha a gem