Oscar winning musical wizard AR Rahman has set a new record by winning 2 national awards at the 65th National Film Awards, taking his total count to 6 national awards. Rahman was honored for his scintillating background score in legendary actress Sridevi’s Mom and for the songs in Mani Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidai.
In his latest interview post the announcement of the national awards, Rahman said, “Sridevi ji had flown down from Mumbai to Chennai and personally requested me to compose music for Mom.” The numero uno music composer further said that Sridevi had told him that working with him was one of her dreams.
Rahman thanked the late actress, Mom’s director Ravi Udaywar and producer Boney Kapoor and Mani Ratnam on this occasion.
Articles that might interest you:
- A massive update from team Chiru153 on Chiranjeevi‘s birthday?
- Prabhas’s Salaar hits top gear
- Kiara Kiara calls her rumored boyfriend just a close friend
- AR Rahman and Gautham Menon join hands for Simbu’s film
- Divi gets a lead role in Soggade director’s new production
- Pay Rs 30.30 lks in 48 hrs: Madras High Court orders Dhanush