Oscar winning musical wizard AR Rahman has set a new record by winning 2 national awards at the 65th National Film Awards, taking his total count to 6 national awards. Rahman was honored for his scintillating background score in legendary actress Sridevi’s Mom and for the songs in Mani Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidai.
In his latest interview post the announcement of the national awards, Rahman said, “Sridevi ji had flown down from Mumbai to Chennai and personally requested me to compose music for Mom.” The numero uno music composer further said that Sridevi had told him that working with him was one of her dreams.
Rahman thanked the late actress, Mom’s director Ravi Udaywar and producer Boney Kapoor and Mani Ratnam on this occasion.
- Super Star to bid goodbye to acting after his next
- Pawan Kalyan has an important message for AP youth
- Reputed distribution house bags NTR’s Nizam rights
- Aravindha Sametha gets a date for censor scrutiny
- NOTA’s Tamil version to get a huge release on par with top stars