Prabhas and Prashanth Neel’s highly-anticipated pan-India gangster drama, Salaar, is one of the most eagerly awaited biggies which will be released in 2021. The film had its formal puja ceremony in Hyderabad last week. Ever since the film was announced, there have been speculations that Bollywood actress Disha Patani has been roped in as the female lead opposite Prabhas.
However, the latest updates reveal that it’s the Chennai beauty Shruti Haasan who has eventually bagged the leading lady’s role in Salaar. Apparently, Prashanth Neel had approached Shruti for the part as he believed that the pairing will bring in the freshness factor since both Prabhas and Shruti have not shared screen space with each other so far. Also, Shruti’s pan-Indian popularity is yet another factor that sealed the deal for her.
Shruti is reportedly quite excited to be part of Salaar. She will be portraying a never before seen role in her career. Vijay Kiragandur is bankrolling this high budget entertainer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pragya’s role in NBK-Boyapati’s film revealed
- Shruti Haasan explains why Vakeel Saab is an important film
- Venkatesh unveils Virata Parvam’s earthy song ‘Kolu Kolu’
- NTR, Trivikram wrap up shoot for Gemini TV’s gameshow promo
- Rajamouli, Ram Charan laud Alia Bhatt’s Gangubai Kathiawadi teaser
- Latest update on Chiru, Charan’s scenes in Acharya