Yatra, the much-talked-about biopic on former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy, went on floors today on the occasion of YSR’s historic Padayatra completing 15 years. Stalwart Malayalam actor Mammootty is essaying YSR’s role in this prestigious biopic.
Meanwhile, for the last few days, there have been constant speculations that Tamil star Suriya will be playing YSR’s son YS Jagan in Yatra. However, the film’s director Mahi V Raghav clarified in a recent interview that they have not approached Suriya for the role yet. Mahi went on to reveal that Posani Krishnamurali will be playing a key role in the biopic.
Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy are bankrolling the project under 70mm Entertainments banner.
- Tamannaah to dub for the first time in Telugu?
- Bhairava Geetha actress opens up about liplock scenes
- Sai Pallavi to romance Fahadh Faasil
- Dev gets a tentative release date
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?