It looks like facing plagiarism allegations has become a common thing for Atlee, the young Tamil director who had earlier helmed Thalapathy Vijay’s Theri and Mersal. Already, Atlee had faced court case for allegedly ‘lifting’ an old Rajinikanth movie’s story for Mersal. Now, even before the film is halfway through, Atlee has been accused of plagiarism.
A Tamil short filmmaker named Shiva has alleged that Atlee has copied the main story of his short film on women’s football for his ongoing film with Vijay. Shiva alleged that he had approached a few production houses to develop his short film into a feature film and that one of the producers had leaked the script to Atlee, who later developed it into a script for his ongoing film.
Shiva has approached the Tamil Writer’s Association and the Madras High Court regarding the matter. Stay tuned for more updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shruti reveals an interesting story about Kamal Haasan
- Sneha Ullal, Madhu Shalini team up for a thrilling web series
- When SPB urged people to not use prefixes to his name
- Rashmika’s sunrise yoga session on the beach
- Shahid to resume shooting for Jersey’s Hindi remake soon
- Details regarding the Tamil remake of Andhadhun