It looks like facing plagiarism allegations has become a common thing for Atlee, the young Tamil director who had earlier helmed Thalapathy Vijay’s Theri and Mersal. Already, Atlee had faced court case for allegedly ‘lifting’ an old Rajinikanth movie’s story for Mersal. Now, even before the film is halfway through, Atlee has been accused of plagiarism.
A Tamil short filmmaker named Shiva has alleged that Atlee has copied the main story of his short film on women’s football for his ongoing film with Vijay. Shiva alleged that he had approached a few production houses to develop his short film into a feature film and that one of the producers had leaked the script to Atlee, who later developed it into a script for his ongoing film.
Shiva has approached the Tamil Writer’s Association and the Madras High Court regarding the matter. Stay tuned for more updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Gali Sampath Trailer- Intriguing father-son conflict
- Here’s when Drishyam 3 will hit screens
- Abhishek Bachchan slightly changes his name for good luck?
- Baahubali writer pens script for pan-India film based on Ramayan
- Yash’s Gajakesari gears up for Telugu release
- This action hero’s next to have a pan-India release?