It looks like there is no stopping Nawab’s Tamil version Chekka Chivantha Vaanam in Tamil Nadu and overseas. The film has already surpassed the $700K mark in the US and is doing exceedingly well in the UAE.
And in Tamil Nadu, Chekka Chivantha Vaanam had had a thumping first weekend. In 4 days of its release, CCV grossed nearly 30 crores. This is the best ever opening weekend for a Mani Ratnam film. And with October 2 being a public holiday, the film is eyeing huge numbers tomorrow.
On the other hand, Nawab is not performing as expected. Despite getting a unanimous positive response from Telugu critics and Mani Ratnam fans, lack of an aggressive promotional campaign has affected the film’s collections to a great extent.
- Mahesh is the biggest inspiration to this young debutant
- Poll : Which of these hit star hero films impressed you this year?
- Happy news for Balayya and NTR fans
- Director turned actor in NTR biopic
- Jagapathi Babu reveals how NTR pushed him to give the best in ASVR