It looks like there is no stopping Nawab’s Tamil version Chekka Chivantha Vaanam in Tamil Nadu and overseas. The film has already surpassed the $700K mark in the US and is doing exceedingly well in the UAE.
And in Tamil Nadu, Chekka Chivantha Vaanam had had a thumping first weekend. In 4 days of its release, CCV grossed nearly 30 crores. This is the best ever opening weekend for a Mani Ratnam film. And with October 2 being a public holiday, the film is eyeing huge numbers tomorrow.
On the other hand, Nawab is not performing as expected. Despite getting a unanimous positive response from Telugu critics and Mani Ratnam fans, lack of an aggressive promotional campaign has affected the film’s collections to a great extent.
Articles that might interest you:
- Parasuram readies a solid entertaining role for Chay
- Bunny’s special plans for Ala Vaikunthapuramlo’s success celebrations
- Sankranthi releases at US: SLN eyes $2M & ALVP inching towards $2.5M
- My character in Disco Raja will surprise everyone-Ravi Teja
- Payal Rajput in awe of star hero
- Ala Vaikunthapuramlo crosses 100 crore mark