The Indian film industry used to be mostly driven by Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu industries before a few years. But Sandalwood has laid its footprint in Indian cinema through films KGF and Kantara. The common point between Telugu, Hindi, and Kannada film industries is that they all have a film that has grossed 1000 crores globally.
Baahubali 2 and RRR from Tollywood achieved this gigantic feat. Bollywood accomplished it with Dangal and Pathaan. Sandalwood has one 1000 crores grosser in the form of KGF 2. Kollywood’s highest worldwide grosser to date is 2.0, but the industry is yet to breach the 1000 crores club. Ponniyin Selvan 1, which was a new industry hit in TAMILNADU, has grossed 500 crores globally.
So the big question now is, can part two of Ponniyin Selvan achieve this feat and become the first Tamil film to do so? Well, we need to wait till few more days to know this. Ponniyin Selvan 2 releases on 28th April 2023. Directed by Mani Ratnam, the movie has Vikram, Karthi, Trisha, Aishwarya Rai, and Jayam Ravi in the lead roles.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pushpa makers congratulate Allu Arjun on his 20 years film journey
- All confusions sorted; Desamuduru to have special shows on April 6
- Oh Ammalaalo from Dasara is lovely
- Global Star Ram Charan’s birthday bash turns out to be a star-studded event
- Poll : What’s your take on Ravi Teja’s Ravanasura trailer?
- Ravanasura trailer – Power packed with style and substance
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food