Senior film producer D Suresh Babu, Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce President C Kalyan and several other producers today met Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and requested him to initiate measures to decrease the GST on Entertainment, which has been set as 28 per cent.
The film representatives explained how the Entertainment Tax, which has been increased from 14 per cent to 28 per cent will, deeply affect small and medium budgeted films.
The CM has instructed the Minister of Finance Yanamala Ramakrishnudu to write as letter to Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley urging him to reconsider the decision to increase the Entertainment Tax.
Articles that might interest you:
- Upasana Kamineni’s sustainable Yoga program for Telangana Police
- Star Tamil composer under consideration for Mahesh’s next?
- Sandeep Reddy Vanga back in Tollywood?
- Iconic Ramanaidu Studios to turn into a gated community?
- Manchu Manoj’s shocking role in Aham Brahmasmi?
- Action King joins Harbhajan Singh’s debut film