Versatile artiste Prakash Raj has a huge surprise in store for his fans and movie lovers. In the soon to be aired Kannada talk show Weekend with Ramesh’s Season 3, Episode 1, none other than the legendary Hollywood filmmaker Steven Spielberg will have a video message for Prakash Raj.
Apparently, Spielberg admired Prakash Raj’s work in the national award winning Tamil movie, Kanchivaram. In a recent interview, Prakash Raj revealed his first and only interaction with Spielberg five years ago.
In his words, Prakash Raj was invited for a dinner party when Spielberg visited the Ambanis’ Antilla in Mumbai. Tina Ambani introduced Prakash Raj to Spielberg as an “interesting actor, an entertainer and a great comedian”.
But to Prakash’s surprise, Steven looked at him and said ‘I see a lot of pain in his eyes’ and asked him whether he had portrayed a weaver’s character in a film, and Prakash Raj said ‘Yes, in Kanchivaram’.
Apparently, Spielberg had watched the movie at the Toronto Film Festival and associated the film with the expression in his eyes. “It was a sweet gesture and it moved me,” Prakash said, further revealing that Spielberg’s video messages for the talk show had left him with tears of joy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these songs from Sarileru Neekevvaru impressed you the most?
- Noted heroine announces her separation
- Mahesh and Vijay are the only South heroes to achieve this feat
- Deepika stuns in the trailer of Chhapaak
- Ram Charan shows his class, dedicates his award to a fan
- Chiru-Koratala film to be set in this area