Ever since the trailer of Suriya’s upcoming film Gang, the Telugu version of Thaana Serndha Koottam, was released, everyone has been wondering if it is a remake of Akshay Kumar’s Special 26. So far, the team too has remained silent about the issue; however, in his first interview about the film, Vignesh Shivan, who directed the film, clarified that the film is an adaptation of Special 26.
Explaining further, Vignesh Shivan said, ”
It is neither a free make nor an official remake. We have acquired the remake rights legally. When we remake a film, I don’t think I can own the original. That’s why I wanted to adapt Special 26 in my way. I can’t waste an opportunity to work with a top star like Suriya under a big banner. Also, I can’t do a scene-by-scene remake. I have taken the real incident behind Special 26 and presented the film in my way.”
The film also stars Keerthy Suresh in a lead role. Anirudh has scored the music. The film’s Telugu and Tamil versions will hit the screens for Sankranthi, 2018.
- Jyothika earns rave reviews for her latest film
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Amar Akbar Anthony off to a slow start in the US
- Deepika, Ranveer’s new home costs Rs 50 crores!
- Tamannaah, Sundeep’s bold chemistry in Next Enti’s trailer strikes an impact