Film lovers have been eagerly awaiting the release of Mahanati, a biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savitri. Vijay Deverakonda plays the role of a journalist in the movie. Yesterday, Vijay took to Twitter and shared a photograph that had some trivia about Savitri’s penchant for vintage cars. Vijay, in his trademark cheeky style, called Savitri a “cool chick”.
Naturally, Vijay’s audacious remark on the legendary actress didn’t go down well with a section of people and they all demanded him to apologize. Undeterred, Vijay said that Savitri would have loved to have this “morals and ethics batch” in those days as she was called a “home breaker and alcoholic” by the same kind of people back then.
Vijay went on to say that Savitri would have loved to be called a cool chick in admiration rather than being called a home breaker and alcoholic.
— Vijay Deverakonda (@TheDeverakonda) April 23, 2018
Articles that might interest you:
- RX 100 director’s next with young hero back in the news
- Young hero’s mother breaks down after watching Sita
- Aishwarya meme: Vivek Oberoi dropped by charity foundation
- Bollywood actress lands plum role in Christopher Nolan’s Tenet
- Nidhi Aggarwal set for her Tamil debut
- Paris calling for Vijay Devarakonda