Film lovers have been eagerly awaiting the release of Mahanati, a biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savitri. Vijay Deverakonda plays the role of a journalist in the movie. Yesterday, Vijay took to Twitter and shared a photograph that had some trivia about Savitri’s penchant for vintage cars. Vijay, in his trademark cheeky style, called Savitri a “cool chick”.
Naturally, Vijay’s audacious remark on the legendary actress didn’t go down well with a section of people and they all demanded him to apologize. Undeterred, Vijay said that Savitri would have loved to have this “morals and ethics batch” in those days as she was called a “home breaker and alcoholic” by the same kind of people back then.
Vijay went on to say that Savitri would have loved to be called a cool chick in admiration rather than being called a home breaker and alcoholic.
— Vijay Deverakonda (@TheDeverakonda) April 23, 2018
- Vikram donates for Gaja cyclone victims
- NTR biopic seals its audio release date
- Sharwa’s PPLM’s satellite, digital and Hindi rights sold for a bomb
- Karan Johar in plans to make Goodachari in Hindi
- Hebah Patel’s kissing scenes become a hot topic