Film lovers have been eagerly awaiting the release of Mahanati, a biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savitri. Vijay Deverakonda plays the role of a journalist in the movie. Yesterday, Vijay took to Twitter and shared a photograph that had some trivia about Savitri’s penchant for vintage cars. Vijay, in his trademark cheeky style, called Savitri a “cool chick”.
Naturally, Vijay’s audacious remark on the legendary actress didn’t go down well with a section of people and they all demanded him to apologize. Undeterred, Vijay said that Savitri would have loved to have this “morals and ethics batch” in those days as she was called a “home breaker and alcoholic” by the same kind of people back then.
Vijay went on to say that Savitri would have loved to be called a cool chick in admiration rather than being called a home breaker and alcoholic.
— Vijay Deverakonda (@TheDeverakonda) April 23, 2018
- Devadas to be the biggest ever US release for Nag & Nani
- Interview : Nagarjuna – My chemistry with Nani will be the highlight of Deva Das
- Mixed response helps star hero’s son
- Amar Akbar Anthony’s intriguing pivot raises curiosity
- For the first time, Mythri Movie Makers to bankroll a low budget film