After months of sporadic incidents where the stars themselves tackled offline piracy, it is slowly turning out to be a larger movement in Tamil cinema. In the recent past, actors like Vishal, Suriya, Karthi, and other biggies in the industry had spoken about the huge losses that the film industry is suffering due to piracy. Now, Vishal’s fans have come up with a specific plan to combat film piracy.
Vishal’s latest film Thupparivaalan is releasing with big expectations and positive pre-release buzz in Tamil Nadu on September 14. Directed by Mysskin, the film also stars Anu Emmanuel, Andrea Jeremiah and Prasanna. Vishal has played the role of a detective in this thriller.
Incidentally, fans of the actor have formed ‘flying squads’ which will visit multiple theatres in the first four days after Thupparivaalan’s release in an attempt to curb film piracy. They have even issued a note warning people to stay away from such illegal acts. Although a lot of fans had spoken about the issue, it’s the first time in recent times in Tamil cinema where a bunch of fans have come up with a concrete plan.
Articles that might interest you:
- Veteran filmmaker praises remix song!
- Review : Pandu Gadi Photo Studio – Senseless comedy
- Teaser of Balakrishna’s next to be out this Dussehra?
- Bigg Boss- This contestant to be eliminated tomorrow?
- Pooja Hegde elated with response for Gaddalakonda Ganesh
- Tough fight on to bag Sye Raa’s Nizam rights