Young actress, Chandni Chowdary has made a successful transition from short films to big screen. She will next be seen in tomorrow’s release Kundanapu Bomma. On this occasion, we caught up with her for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
Q)Kundanapu Bomma was supposed to be your debut film. Why was it delayed ?
Yes ! I started shooting for this film first but due to some unknown problems the film got delayed and my other film Ketugadu released first.
Q)What is this film all about ?
Kundabapu Bomma is a typical village drama with full of family values and traditions. It has good entertainment and will enthral every section of the audience.
Q)Tell us about your role in the film ?
I play a typical village belle called Suchi. The entire story revolves around my life and I play a crucial character. Initially, I was very scared to do this complex role but with the help of my director, I managed to pull it off.
Q)What difference do you find between short and feature films ?
Shot films were quite easy and I did them just for fun. Here, situation is quite different as you are surrounded by different people. One should be very careful to deal with them. I am slowly learning the tricks of the trade and am signing films with utmost care.
Q)Why are Telugu girls often ignored by film makers in Tollywood ?
Even I do not know why there is such a discrimination. Telugu heroines need to encouraged more as they are very talented. I feel that things are slowly changing now and will get better soon.
Q)Your upcoming projects ?
I have two films in hand and one of them is titled Manu which will release soon.
- Interview : Nivetha Pethuraj – Mental Madhilo’s success will bring me more offers
- Interview : Nara Rohit – Working on Balakrishnudu was a new experience for me
- Exclusive Interview : Ajay – I am the most under used actor in Tollywood
- Interview : Karthikeya – Shaan Rahman’s music is the biggest asset for our film
- Exclusive Interview : Govardhan Gajjala – Short film experience gave me a lot of confidence