Recently, Tamil star Suriya’s tweet on abolishing the controversial NEET exam didn’t go down well with the Madras High Court judge who demanded a case against Suriya for contempt of court. Fans of Suriya and all other star heroes stood by the actor and trended the hashtag #TNStandWithSuriya.
In yet another legal trouble, the Madras High Court has asked the Tamil Nadu Police to take action on a complaint filed by a man from Dharmapuri district against Suriya’s soon-to-release film, Soorarai Pottru. The complainant alleged that two lines in the song ‘Mannurunda Mela’ were offensive and could potentially ‘disrupt peace’ between the lower and upper castes.
Soorarai Pottru (Aakaasam Nee Hadduraa in Telugu), has been produced by Suriya himself. Sudha Kongara has directed the film, which is gearing up for a direct release on Amazon Prime.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sumanth teams up with Subrahmanyapuram’s director again – Deets inside
- OTT: Here is when ‘Saas Bahu Achaar Pvt. Ltd’ will be out
- Photo moment: Balakrishna meets Maredumilli Prajaneekam
- Satya Dev’s next gets an interesting title
- Shiva Rajkumar’s Jai Bhajarangi seals its OTT date
- Kangana Ranaut’s Emergency launched with a pooja ceremony