Recently, Tamil star Suriya’s tweet on abolishing the controversial NEET exam didn’t go down well with the Madras High Court judge who demanded a case against Suriya for contempt of court. Fans of Suriya and all other star heroes stood by the actor and trended the hashtag #TNStandWithSuriya.
In yet another legal trouble, the Madras High Court has asked the Tamil Nadu Police to take action on a complaint filed by a man from Dharmapuri district against Suriya’s soon-to-release film, Soorarai Pottru. The complainant alleged that two lines in the song ‘Mannurunda Mela’ were offensive and could potentially ‘disrupt peace’ between the lower and upper castes.
Soorarai Pottru (Aakaasam Nee Hadduraa in Telugu), has been produced by Suriya himself. Sudha Kongara has directed the film, which is gearing up for a direct release on Amazon Prime.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nani announces the solid star cast of Shyam Singha Roy
- Official announcement on Pawan Kalyan’s next is here
- Ravi Teja’s Khiladi to be out during this time
- Bigg Boss 4: Nag, Samantha to enthrall in Dasara special episode
- Two young beauties for noted director’s son’s debut film
- Another actor from the Superstar family all set for debut