These days, profit margins in the Telugu Film Industry have come down for big budget films with star heroes. Because films are being sold at high prices, they are barely crossing the break-even point even if the film is a smash hit. For example, any big star’s film rights may fetch anywhere between 2.25 Cr – 2.75 Cr in Krishna district. If the movie is a blockbuster, it will end up collecting just about 2.50 Cr – 3Cr
Young Rebel Star Prabhas’s ‘Mirchi’ has proved to be different, however. The film managed to bring in healthy profits for distributors and they are very happy with the movie. Let us take the same Krishna District again. The film was sold for approximately 1.75 Cr – 1.8 Cr in this area. It has managed to bring in about 2.35 Crores so far and its full run share is expected to end up somewhere around the 2.50 – 2.60 Cr mark. That is a very healthy profit!
As long as films are made and sold with reasonable budgets, there are still good times to be had in the film industry.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star director to takeover Ayyappanum Telugu version responsibilities?
- Murugadoss is ready with a solid script for his next
- Music composer-hero GV Prakash Kumar debuts in Hollywood
- Rajashekar and his wife risking it once again
- Review : Gunjan Saxena -Hindi film on Netflix
- Disappointing- Karan Johar stalls his prestigious project?