The AP anti-piracy cell, Suresh Productions Pvt. Ltd have busted a gang which was involved in the piracy of S S Rajamouli’s Eega. After the film released across the state on July 6, Lakshman Rao, an executive of Suresh Productions in Tirupathi, filed a complaint with the police department that their film is being pirated from Gowrishankar Theatre in Varadayyapalem in Chittoor District. The police quickly sprang into action and seized the theatre in Varadayyapalem right in the middle of the screenings. Although the theatre’s owner has claimed that he’s not involved in the film’s piracy, the police investigation is in full swing to track down the pirates. AP Anti-Piracy cell revealed that they had tracked down the theatre with the help of a code which was embedded with each digital print of Eega. Apparently, the film was illegally downloaded after the second show and from here the pirated CDs and DVDs were being sent to various parts of the state. Meanwhile, the film starring Nani, Samantha and Sudeep is doing extremely well across the state and even in US market.
Articles that might interest you:
- Actresses in commercial films don’t have to act dumb all the time: Raashi
- Sandeep Madhav reveals his hard work for George Reddy’s role
- Prathi Roju Pandage’s core plot is sure to tug at your heartstrings
- Mahesh, Allu Arjun have an admirer in this Bollywood star
- Yet another Telugu girl to try her luck this week
- Will this young actor make it big with this week’s release?