From the moment the Indian jury announced Chhello Show as the official Indian entry into the Oscars for 2023, fans started to slam the decision taken by the Film Federation of India and expressed their anguish. In an interview, the head of the FFI committee TS Nagabharana said that popularity, collections, entertainment, and marketing aren’t the criteria for selecting a film for the Oscars.
A total of 13 films were considered by the 17-member jury and Nagabharana opined that all of them including RRR were good and they went ahead with Chhello Show unanimously. He stated that this Gujarati film represents the country in a realistic way with an emotional touch.
TS Nagabharana further added that story of a film matters the most and if the film touches hearts that is pretty much enough. The FFI head was very confident about their decision and said that Chhello Show will leave a mark at the upcoming Academy Awards.
Articles that might interest you:
- Dhanush’s Naane Varuvean locks its OTT platform
- Vikram Vedha early reviews are here
- Itlu Maredumilli Prajaneekam gets its release date
- God Father: Interesting update on Thaar Maar song
- Team NBK 107 completes a major schedule in Turkey
- Chiranjeevi: Wishing the best for Nag’s The Ghost