After the grand success of Srimanthudu, star actor-director duo Mahesh Babu and Koratala Siva set the box-office on fire with their latest outing, Bharat Ane Nenu. Surpassing everyone’s expectations, BAN erased several non-Baahubali 2 records in its first week, and is now heading towards the league of all-time top 5 highest grossing Telugu movies.
In his latest interview with a popular English daily, Koratala Siva opened up about roping in Mahesh Babu for the chief minister’s role in Bharat Ane Nenu. “Firstly, it’s not a regular story. And, Bharat is such a larger-than-life character, that we needed a big star to engage with the audience. Luckily, I got the best. Mahesh’s star power ensured massive openings at the box-office and took the movie to a wider audience,” Koratala Siva said.
- Deepika, Ranveer tie the knot in Konkan style
- Poll : What did you think of Next Yenti’s teaser?
- Director gives clarity on Ajith’s next
- Vijay-Atlee project set for Diwali 2019
- Are these factors delaying Allu Arjun’s next?