The unit of actress Samantha’s much-awaited pan-India mythological magnum opus, Shaakuntalam, wrapped up the film’s entire shooting formalities yesterday. The final schedule concluded in Hyderabad, with director Gunasekhar canning a few crucial talkie scenes and a battle episode on the film’s hero Dev Mohan, who plays King Dushyant in the movie.
Samantha had wrapped up shooting for her part in Shaakuntalam in the second week of August. The post-production team, led by Gunasekhar, will start working on the visual effects very soon. Even though the makers are yet to come up with a formal announcement regarding the release date, it’s being said that Shaakuntalam will be hitting screens in early 2022.
Gunasekhar’s daughter Neelima Guna and Dil Raju are jointly bankrolling this epic tale of romance. Stay tuned for further updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan to kick-start Bigg Boss Tamil 5 on this date
- Bigg Boss girl buys a classy new car
- Mahesh Babu’s luncheon with Sitara; Namrata gives a glimpse
- Talk- Vijay’s Beast pushed ahead to summer 2022
- Mahesh-Trivikram to start with this aspect?
- Crazy gossip on Love Story making waves?