It’s been earlier reported that actress Rakul Preet has been roped in for a key role in stalwart Tamil actor-filmmaker duo Kamal Haasan and Shankar’s highly-anticipated patriotic drama, Bharatheeyudu 2. In the movie, Rakul plays Siddharth’s love interest.
In a latest interview with a national English daily, Rakul said that she is thrilled to be working with legends like Kamal and Shankar. “I was excited when I was offered the role because it’s a Shankar and Kamal Haasan combination and getting a chance to work with legends like that so early in my career is an opportunity I did not want to miss,” Rakul said.
Rakul went on to say that although she is yet to sign on the dotted line, she is eagerly waiting to shoot for the film. Lyca Productions banner is bankrolling the project on a massive scale. The film also features Kajal Aggarwal and Bollywood actor Vidyut Jammwal.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nani-Viswak Sen’s HIT going places
- Lavanya Tripathi to start training for this film
- Kabali director’s maiden production with star comedian
- Chay Akkineni comes to the aid of migrant workers
- Makers of this using Vijay Sethupathi’s name for craze?
- Nagarjuna salutes AP police for their terrific deeds