Released on November 7, start Tamil actor-director duo Vijay and AR Murugadoss’ Tamil political drama Sarkar, has finally breached the $1 million mark in the US. The film has taken a little over 2 weeks to achieve this feat. The film’s theatrical run in overseas almost over.
However, Sarkar might end up as a disappointing venture for its US distributors. Thanks to the high costs involved, Sarkar could barely manage to reach the break even mark only in the twin Telugu states and Karnataka. The film will be a loss venture in Tamil Nadu at other major overseas destinations.
Articles that might interest you:
- Budget issues make Suresh Babu take a key decision for Rana’s next?
- Poll : Who among these two should romance NTR in Trivikram film?
- Samantha to romance this actor in her next?
- Bheeshma takes a solid start-Day One collections
- Will he, won’t he?: Speculations on Ram Charan’s role in Chiru152
- Mahesh Babu eyes famous theater in Bangalore for his multiplex