Shankar’s latest film Snehitudu is releasing on January 26, on the eve of Republic Day amidst very low buzz. This is probably the first time in more than fifteen years that a Shankar’s film is releasing with almost no expectations. Usually, almost all Shankar’s films are released simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu and all his films from Gentleman to the recent Robo had an incredible run at box office in Andhra Pradesh. Vijay, Jiiva, Sriram and Ileana have played lead roles in this film which is a remake of 3 Idiots. None of Vijay’s earlier films have ran well at box-office in AP when they were dubbed and two of Jiiva’s recent films failed to recreate the magic of Rangam. However, the Tamil version of the film has got a stunning response and the Telugu version too might work well depending on how well the word of mouth works in favour of the film. Harris Jayaraj has composed the music and Abburi Ravi has written the dialogues. Dil Raju is distributing the film in AP.
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Mega hero’s next nears completion
- Krish and team plan special promotions for NTR
- Happening actress aspires to act with Mahesh Babu
- 2.0 team aims for perfection close to its release