Taapsee will soon be part of a publicity campaign, initiated by the Hyderabad City Police, to create awareness about child sex abuse. Alarmed by the rise of number of cases registered in recent years, the city police have roped in a Hyderabad based filmmaker Vishy Teki to create short films of 2 minutes each in Telugu, Hindi and English that’ll be played in theatres all over the city.
The whole idea behind the campaign is to sensitise people and take up such cases seriously. When the team was looking for a strong voice to support the cause, they approached Taapsee and the actress immediately agreed. “She’s a role model and has a big connect with the youth. We are glad that she’s onboard for this initiative,” Vishy said, adding that Taapsee will be making a cameo in the short film.
For the initiative, Hyderabad city Police has joined hands with two NGOs, Save the Children and Communication Research Centre (CRC) and the focus will be on issues like sexual abuse of girls, sexual abuse of boys and how children fall prey to online stalkers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika’s cute intro for Sarileru’s ‘He’s So Cute’ song goes viral
- Virata Parvam’s superb poster out on Rana’s birthday
- Raashi Khanna has no time to rest
- Buzz picking up for Pratiroju Pandage
- Mattu Vadalara’s unique promotions become a talking point
- Venky Mama opens to solid occupancy all over