Taapsee will soon be part of a publicity campaign, initiated by the Hyderabad City Police, to create awareness about child sex abuse. Alarmed by the rise of number of cases registered in recent years, the city police have roped in a Hyderabad based filmmaker Vishy Teki to create short films of 2 minutes each in Telugu, Hindi and English that’ll be played in theatres all over the city.
The whole idea behind the campaign is to sensitise people and take up such cases seriously. When the team was looking for a strong voice to support the cause, they approached Taapsee and the actress immediately agreed. “She’s a role model and has a big connect with the youth. We are glad that she’s onboard for this initiative,” Vishy said, adding that Taapsee will be making a cameo in the short film.
For the initiative, Hyderabad city Police has joined hands with two NGOs, Save the Children and Communication Research Centre (CRC) and the focus will be on issues like sexual abuse of girls, sexual abuse of boys and how children fall prey to online stalkers.
- Suresh Babu’s latest statement on Ramanaidu biopic
- Bollywood stars appreciate Vijay Deverakonda’s gesture
- We have forgotten our farmers, Chinnababu is a tribute to them: Karthi
- Geetha Govindam will be the best film in Vijay’s career: Allu Aravind
- Andhra Pradesh govt. to grant tax exemption for movies made in AP?