For the last 60 years no other language film was allowed to be dubbed and released in Kannada due to a Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce diktat. But after the Competition Commission lifted the ban on dubbed movies last year, filmmakers from other languages are evincing interest in dubbing their films in Kannada.
If the latest reports are anything to go by, Sye Raa, Megastar Chiranjeevi’s much-awaited historical biopic on the first Telugu freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimhareddy, may be dubbed in Kannada and released across Karnataka along with the Telugu, Tamil and Hindi versions.
Sye Raa features some of the top stars hailing from various film industries across the country. Kannada superstar Sudeep is essaying the role of Avuku Raja in the movie. If the film is dubbed in Kannada, Sudeep’s stardom will ensure huge openings across Karnataka. So far, no Telugu film was dubbed in Kannada. It remains to be seen whether Sye Raa will be the first Telugu film to get this honor.
- After the intense RX 100, Kartikeya gearing up for a totally opposite film
- Ram Charan lauds Mr. Majnu’s teaser
- Shocking response for Priya Prakash Varrier’s new song
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals