The tragic death of a 23-year-old techie named Subhasri after a banner fell on her on a busy Chennai street has united Tamil Nadu like never before. Several film stars, politicians, activists and even common people have been raising their voice against the rampant banner and cutouts culture across the state.
Recently, star hero Suriya urged his fans not to erect his banners or cutouts ahead of Kaappaan (Bandobast) release. Now, stalwart actor Kamal Haasan urged in the latest episode of Bigg Boss Tamil everyone to put an end to the banner culture in Tamil Nadu.
Kamal went on to say that around 3 decades ago, he had told his fans to stop putting up his cutouts when a fan died while erecting his cutout. Whether fans will oblige their favorite stars’ request or not in future remains to be seen.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun loses 14 kilos in 4 months for Ala Vaikunthapuramulo
- Khaidi’s story unfolds in 4 hours: Karthi
- Upendra’s Kabza to release in 7 Indian languages
- Mahesh lauds Dhanush-Vetrimaaran’s Asuran
- Karthi spills the beans on Suriya’s next project
- Bollywood media speculates RRR’s postponement