After a brief gap, Malavika Nair is back as the leading lady in the upcoming release Vijetha. On the occasion of the film’s release, we caught up with her for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How is Tollywood treating you?
As of now, everyone has been very polite and have been very encouraging. I am getting decent offers here and once I complete my graduation, I will be focusing more on my career.
Tell us about your role in Vijetha film?
I play a very middle-class girl in the film who is very confident about her life and surroundings. My role is completely opposite to that of the hero’s who is a loafer and does nothing other than sitting at home.
What made you choose such a small role in Mahanati?
I only did the film because of my association with Nagi whom I did Yevade Subramanyam. Also, I wanted to somehow be a part of Savitri guru’s biopic and that is why I accepted that part. As the film’s length was a bit too much, my scenes had to be deleted.
How was it working with debutante Kalyan Dhev?
Kalyan is a very simple person to talk to and I had a great time working with him. He is very hard working and focused on what he is doing. He has a lot of pressure riding on him and he is doing everything to make his debut film work.
About upcoming Telugu projects?
As of now, I have only Taxiwala and a Tamil film in hand. The film has come out quite well and I am confident that the father and son story will connect with everyone.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Lakshman K Krishna – A few things in my life made me do Swatimutyam
- Interview : Naga Shourya – Krishna Vrinda Vihari will appeal to everyone
- Interview : Sri Simha – Dongalunnaru Jagratta has a gripping story
- Interview : Sree Vishnu – Alluri will showcase a new angle in me
- Interview : Aneesh Krishna – Krishna Vrindha Vihari will be thoroughly entertaining
- Interview : Sudheer Babu – I am fortunate to work with Indraganti Garu