Actor Naga Chaitanya has joined forces with Tamil director Venkat Prabhu for his maiden Telugu-Tamil bilingual, Custody. The film opened in cinemas yesterday and received a lukewarm response from fans and critics alike. Needless to say, the underwhelming word of mouth has impacted the movie’s day one box office collections to a great extent.
In the Nizam region, Custody collected a meagre Rs 73 lakh share (including GST) on its opening day. This is a pretty slow start and the film will need a huge weekend to amass decent first week share in the region. On the other hand, Custody collected another Rs 1.10 crore day 1 share at the ticket counters across Andhra Pradesh. The film’s total day one AP and Telangana share is Rs 1.83 crore.
Including the Tamil version, rest of India and overseas regions, Custody collected a total day one share of Rs 2.60 crore worldwide from a gross of Rs 5.08 crore. The film also has Krithi Shetty and Arvind Swami in important parts.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas visits TTD ahead of Adipurush’s event
- OTT Review : Scoop – Hindi web series on Netflix
- Karthi to act in one more sequel?
- Much-awaited update on Ajith’s Vidaa Muyarchi’s first schedule
- Big news on Naga Chaitanya turns out to be a rumor
- Official: Intinti Ramayanam gets a new release date
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food