Sekhar Kammula seems to have decided to never direct remakes again. In a recent interview, he spoke in length about the difficulties in adapting a film’s story to suit the local sensibilities and how difficult it was for him to make Anaamika.
“I didn’t choose to direct Anaamika, the producers themselves approached me with the story. I wasn’t so keen on it initially and I hadn’t watched Kahaani either. However, the Nirbhaya incident in Delhi had a deep impact on me and I wanted to say something through my films. Anaamika’s story seemed apt since it also deals with several issues women face. I like writing my own stories; however, for the first time, I had to take the help of another writer while adapting the script. I realized that it is really tough to direct remakes because most of the times, that’s not your natural style of story-telling,” Sekhar Kammula said, while explaining why he doesn’t want to direct remakes anymore.
Nayanthara has played the lead role in the film and M M Keeravani has scored the music. The film is slated for release on May 1.
- Tamannaah, Sundeep’s bold chemistry in Next Enti’s trailer strikes an impact
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Vijay Deverakonda’s cheeky reply to Prabhas
- Taapsee reveals why she can’t demand a pay equal to male stars
- RX100’s director ready with his next script