Superstar Rajinikanth’s upcoming gangster drama, Kabali, is nearing its completion. The film’s final schedule has been going on in Malaysia for the last one week. Earlier, the makers decided to release Kabali in Tamil and Telugu in April as a Tamil New Year/Ugadi treat for Superstar’s fans.
However, Rajini reportedly requested his producer Kalaipuli S Thanu to postpone the film’s release to May. Apparently, Rajini was apprehensive that Kabali’s release might take a hit if released in April due to the Tamil Nadu assembly elections, which will take place by the last week of April or early May.
Most of Rajini’s fans are active members of the AIADMK or DMK parties, even though Rajini himself stays away from active politics. Kabali’s shooting will conclude by February and the audio will be unveiled in March. PA Ranjith is directing Kabali.
- Abhimanyudu’s director bags a big offer
- It’s my responsibility to promote young talent: Chiranjeevi
- Prabhudeva, Tamannaah starrer Devi sequel goes on floors
- Here’s the much-awaited update on Vijay’s Sarkar
- Talented Telugu actor grabs Mani Ratnam’s next