Yesterday, the makers of Vijay Deverakonda’s upcoming romantic entertainer, Geetha Govindam, released a controversial poster. The makers said that the film’s teaser, which was supposed to be out today (July 22), has been postponed to July 23 after receiving a call from Dil Raju.
The poster claims that Dil Raju had requested Geetha Govindam’s team to postpone their teaser by a day since the teaser of his latest production, Srinivasa Kalyanam, too, was scheduled for release today. Geetha Govindam team’s gesture could be on a friendly note, but it kicked off an unnecessary controversy.
Twitterati didn’t find Geetha Govindam team’s cheeky poster amusing and everyone started criticizing them. “They should have kept their mutual understanding a secret instead of publicly belittling one of the top producers like Dil Raju,” said a critic. What baffled everyone was the fact that senior producer Allu Aravind is presenting Geetha Govindam. “Did the poster have Allu Aravind’s approval?,” wondered a netizen.
On the other hand, some are even wondering if Vijay Deverakonda was behind the poster. The slight sarcastic tone in the language on the poster is in typical Vijay Deverakonda style, and this made them doubt his hand in the entire fiasco. While the mastermind behind the poster is still a mystery, let’s hope that the controversy ends on a positive note.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bollywood star father-son duo’s film gets a title
- First look of Sai Dharam Tej-Deva Katta’s film to be unveiled soon
- Raashi Khanna posts a beautiful workout video from Goa
- Poll : Apart from Prabhas, who among these stars have a good following in the North?
- Varun Dhawan’s wedding: Why is Bachchan’s family not invited?
- Dulquer-Hanu Raghavapudi’s film to be shot in this exotic location