Working experience with Mani Ratnam?
Both of us go a long way back. I started as an assistant director and worked for two years with him. Now, after a decade-long gap, it is so special to act as a hero in his project. It is a dream come true for any actor to work with a genius like him. Mani is a tough taskmaster and does not leave you until he gets the right output.
Your role in the film?
I play a fighter pilot who falls in love with an army doctor in the film. It was a difficult role as I had to look composed and calm for the entire duration of the film which is a unique love story.
Preparation for the role?
As soon as I heard the role, I went right away to my brother for inspiration. He laughed at me and said to start working out to look my part. I took Suriya’s army officer role in Suriya son of Krishnan as an inspiration and worked hard on my looks and screen presence. I hope it will impress everyone.
What is the film all about?
Cheliya is an intense love story with some very strong emotions. There won’t be much action as being perceived in the media and both our characters will look quite intense in the film which is quite realistic.
What kind of films do you like acting in?
For me, every film depends on the director. I am a director’s actor who gives whatever they want for their film. That’s the whole beauty about an actor, isn’t it?.
- Interview : Harish Shankar – I have a script ready for Pawan Kalyan
- Exclusive Interview : Mohanakrishna Indrganti – Wouldn’t have made Ami Tumi if Vennela Kishore said no
- Interview : Mohanakrishna Indraganti – Will make a nice love story with Chay
- Interview : Hebah Patel – Raj Tharun’s patience levels have improved a lot
- Interview : Madhura Sreedhar – Happy with Vamsi’s working style
Articles that might interest you