The Lok Satta Party on Sunday demanded that the government do away with special and discretionary funds being allocated to the Chief Minister and MLAs and utilize them for priority sectors.
In a media statement, Lok Satta working president DVVS Varma said that the priorities in the forthcoming budget should shift from extending temporary sops to making people self-reliant. It should allocate funds for ensuring quality education, healthcare and skills to all, baling out agriculture from crisis, and rejuvenating industry. Local governments should be empowered with devolution of funds and powers.
During the budget session of the Legislative Assembly beginning from February 13, Varma said that the party would focus its attention on the liquor policy, relief to the crisis-ridden farmer, elections to local bodies and resolution of issues raised by various sections. He appealed to all parties to help facilitate a thorough discussion on the issues.
Varma said that all parties should join hands in getting the present liquor policy, which has spawned a politics-dictating liquor mafia, changed.
He appealed to all parties to pass the budget only after a thorough discussion. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections