Hero Gopichand is on a roll with hits like Loukyam, Jil. He is now kicked about his next Oxygen which is in the final schedule of shooting. As he turns a year older, the usually shy Gopi interacted with media. Excerpts.
Q) What is Oxygen all about?
Oxygen is fresh yet it’s not out of the box story. I haven’t done a film like this before. Undercurrent, the movie tackles a social issue which everyone connects to. It has shades of my dad’s sensibilities to an extent. That’s why Oxygen story is close to my heart. Oxygen will be a different film.
Q) After Loukyam, could we expect more comedy films from you?
I’m great lover of action films. Right from my childhood, I want to do action movies. Because, people want to see hero doing action scenes what they can’t do in real life. Comedy is regular in day-to-day life where as action isn’t. So, I’ll focus on more action films. I don’t think audiences expecting comedy films from me.
Q) What are your upcoming films?
After Oxygen, I’ve signed two more films – one with director Paruchuri Murali of Andhrudu fame and other with director Sriwass.
Q) You turned a year older. Any birthday resolutions?
No birthday resolutions. I don’t plan my career actually. I just pick the best that comes to me.
- Interview : Sumanth – Malli Raava will surely impress the audience
- Interview : The stunts in Hello will be of Hollywood standards – Nagarjuna
- Interview : Audience will remember me as Seetha for a long time – Karunya Chowdary
- Last forty-five minutes will be the highlight of Sapthagiri LLB – Sapthagiri
- Interview : Sree Vishnu – I choose scripts which only suit me