Justice Madan Bhimrao Lokur on Tuesday took charge as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
At a programme held at Raj Bhavan, Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath of office to Justice Lokur. After administering the oath, the Governor congratulated Justice Lokur and wished him a very successful tenure as the Chief Justice of the AP High Court.
Justice Ghulam Mohammed was made the Acting Chief Justice on October 26 this year after the retirement of Justice Nisar Ahmad Kakru.
Justice Lokur was designated as Senior Advocate in February, 1997 and appointed as Additional Solicitor General of India in July, 1998. He became a Permanent Judge of Delhi High Court in July, 1999 and elevated as the Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court in February, 2010. He was elevated as the Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court in June, 2010. As a judge he has actively initiated judicial reforms and worked for the effective management of the justice delivery system.
Justice Lokur had encouraged continuing judicial education and computerisation of courts. He also took the lead in promoting the legal aid system, legal education and infrastructure development.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, Cabinet Ministers and MLAs attended the oath taking ceremony at Raj Bhavan. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!