Former Minister JC Diwakar Reddy on Sunday reiterated that power sharing was the best solution to resolve the separate Telangana issue.
Talking to reporters, Diwakar Reddy said that the demand for separate Telangana was never raised when the State Government was headed by a leader from Telangana region. Citing examples, he said the statehood demand never surfaced during the rule of Jalagam Vengal Rao, T Anjaiah, PV Narasimha Rao or M Chenna Reddy. However, the Telangana agitation reached its peak whenever a leader from Seemandhra region was made the Chief Minister.
The former minister claimed that the Telangana agitation was not about statehood for the region, but for the Chief Minister’s post. Therefore, sharing of Chief Minister’s posts between the two regions would be best solution to resolve the issue permanently.
Diwakar Rao suggested that legislation should be brought to make it mandatory that the State would be ruled by a chief minister from Seemandhra region for three years and by a Telangana leader for two years. He said irrespective of which party comes to power, the power sharing pact should be strictly implemented. He said he would take forward this suggestion to the next level by holding discussions leaders of all political parties. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!