Telugu Desam MLA Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao on Thursday came down heavily on the state Congress leaders for their failure to bring adequate funds for the State in the Railway Budget-2012-13.
Talking to media persons at Assembly media point, Uma Maheswara Rao said that though 31 Congress MPs represent the State in Lok Sabha, they have totally failed to mount pressure on the Railway Ministry for allocation of sufficient funds for the State. Though the government sanctioned wagon repair unit in Kazipet in 2009-10, it still remains on the paper, he pointed out.
Further, he said that many new railway lines, gauge conversion and survey works were yet to get approval from the government. He said that the MPs and Ministers from the state have failed to get separate zone status for the Visakhapatnam. “The state has been facing raw deals in the railway budget since eight years. The State is being discriminated despite Congress party having large numbers of MPs from Andhra Pradesh,” he said.
He also criticized Vijayawada MP Lagadapathi Rajagopal for his failure in getting enough funds for the development of Vijayawada Station.
Uma Maheshwara Rao demanded that at least now the MPs and Ministers open their eyes and act responsibly to bring more funds for the State. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!