The State Police on Saturday arrested three persons in connection with the desecration of Dr BR Ambedkar’s statues in Amalapuram of East Godavari district.
Addressing a press conference here, Inspector General of Police K V Rajendranath Reddy said that cases have been registered against 13 people and of them, three have been arrested on Saturday. The accused – Durga Babu, Anji Babu and Anil were also produced before the media.
However, police said that they desecrated the statues in an inebriated condition. Rajendranath Reddy said that the remaining accused would be arrested soon. He said the desecrated statues have been recovered from a farm well.
The IG has assured of taking steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur in future.
Meanwhile, following a call given by Mala Mahanadu, the dalit organizations have observed bandh in Eluru in West Godavari district in protest against the desecration of Dr Ambedkar’s statues. Shops, establishments, public transport and educational institutions remained closed in Eluru on Saturday. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!