The Supreme Court on Monday directed the CBI to submit a report within four weeks on the Pratyusha suicide case in which Siddharth Reddy was jailed for two years.
The apex court issued these directions following a petition filed by Siddharth Reddy, who sought further reduction of jail term awarded by the High Court. He surrendered last week and was sent to Chanchalguda Jail.
Earlier, the High Court reduced Siddharth Reddy’s jail term from 6 to 2 years besides a fine of Rs 50,000 on charges of abetment to suicide.
Siddharth and Pratyusha, who were reportedly in love without parental approval, consumed poison and were admitted to a private hospital on 23 February 2002.
Pratyusha died in the hospital, and Siddharth survived. The CBI investigation concluded that Siddharth had driven Pratyusha to commit suicide. (INN)
- అక్కడైతేనే.. శృంగారాన్ని ఎంజాయ్ చేస్తారట.. ఎందుకో తెలుసా..?
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections