The Central Bureau of Investigation on Sunday arrested former managing director of Andhra Pradesh Mining Development Corporation V D Rajagopal in connection with the illegal mining case against the Obulapuram Mining Corporation (OMC).
Rajagopal who was summoned by the CBI for questioning into the case on Saturday was official arrested on Sunday morning. CBI joint director VV Laxminarayana told reporters that Rajagopal has been arrested for favouring the OMC by granting leases for iron ore mining in Anantapur district. The CBI has booked him under eight different sections including cheating.
Rajagopal was later produced before a magistrate at his residence who directed the CBI to produce him before the Special CBI Court on Monday.
Rajagopal is third accused to be arrested in the case after OMC chairman and former Karnataka minister Gali Jangardhan Reddy and his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy. They have been arrested in the case registered by the CBI in 2009. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!